Pursuant to current legislation, the technology transfer acceleration company (SATT) Ouest Valorisation (hereinafter “SATT Ouest Valorisation”) has adopted a policy to ensure the protection of and respect for the privacy of Users (as defined below) of the website www.ouest-valorisation.fr (hereinafter the “Website”), including personal data protection.
As part of the activities carried out through its Website, SATT Ouest Valorisation undertakes to implement the appropriate measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of Users’ Personal Data (as defined below) in accordance with the applicable French and European regulations on personal data protection, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, and the domestic legislation implementing it.
“User (or “You”)” means any internet user who browses, reads, views and uses the Website.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on such data by any means. This can include the collection, recording, organisation, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of the data gathered.
“Controller” means the person who determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
The Controller is SATT Ouest Valorisation, a simplified joint-stock company (Société par actions simplifiée) with share capital of €1,000,000 and registered business address at 14 C rue du Pâtis Tatelin 35 700 Rennes, listed in the Rennes Trade and Companies Register on 26/07/2012, SIREN No.: 753000611, APE code: 7490 B.
You can also access the website of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL, www.cnil.fr) for additional information about personal data protection.
3. Personal Data collected
The User’s Personal Data that may be collected on the Website and processed by SATT Ouest Valorisation are:
- Identity and personal details: name and surname, address, telephone number, email address
- Professional information: User’s company and job title, curriculum vitae
- The User’s Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Connection and browsing data:
- Geolocation (city, country)
- Server connection data (input ports, pages visited, URL visited and to be visited, timestamp)
- Device identifiers (device used, screen resolution, brand, operating system)
- Connection identifiers (service provider, browser)
- If the User shares information available on the Website on social networks (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn): the page shared, the platform, the number of users who shared it
- Any other personal data transmitted voluntarily by the User to SATT Ouest Valorisation
4. Purposes of the Processing of Personal Data
SATT Ouest Valorisation uses Personal Data strictly within the limits of the purposes for which they were collected.
Personal Data is processed by SATT Ouest Valorisation for the following purposes:
- Enabling and enhancing browsing of the Website and managing and tracking connection data and use of the Website;
- Improving the relevance of the Website content and optimising the Website’s visibility;
- Processing User requests;
- Preparing anonymous statistics;
- Assessing responses to calls for tender;
- Carrying out candidate recruitment campaigns (employment, competitions, calls for projects, etc.);
- Carrying out optional satisfaction surveys;
- Analysing company creation projects to exploit an innovative technology from a public laboratory;
- Developing the SATT Ouest Valorisation network with a view to building potential partnerships/collaborations.
SATT Ouest Valorisation will only process your Personal Data on the basis of any of the following legal grounds:
- your consent;
- the Processing is necessary to perform a contract to which You are party or to take action at your request before entering into a contract;
- the Processing is necessary for SATT Ouest Valorisation to comply with its legal obligations;
- the Processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of SATT Ouest Valorisation.
5. Collection of Personal Data
Personal Data are collected:
- from the User directly when he or she:
- fills out a data collection or correspondence form on the Website,
- contacts SATT Ouest Valorisation by any means of communication (email, telephone, post, etc.)
- indirectly through browser tracers or cookies, when the User:
- browses the Website and views advertisements
- shares an offer or information via social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
SATT Ouest Valorisation accesses certain Personal Data related to the User’s browsing of the Website. These Personal Data are compiled and analysed in their entirety and may include the URL that had just been visited, the browser used and the IP address.
6. COOKIE NOTICE
What is a cookie?
Cookies are used by SATT Ouest Valorisation when browsing the Website for the following purposes:
- to ensure the correct functioning of the Website;
- to log data provided by Users to personalise their browsing experience.
Third-party cookies may also be used to identify the services viewed on the Website in order to prepare statistics. These cookies allow SATT Ouest Valorisation to obtain information on the use and performance of the Website, prepare statistics and determine the volume of traffic and use of various Website features (content visited, pathways) in order to improve the relevance and usability of its services.
The User has several ways of configuring his or her cookie options:
- The User’s browser can be set to indicate what cookies are placed on his or her device and ask him or her to either accept or reject them on a case-by-case basis or refuse them automatically.
- The User can set cookies directly on the Website by using the bar displayed. He or she can accept, personalise or block all cookies on the cookie control panel.
Google Analytics is a tool for analysing website traffic provided by Google, Inc (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). It measures the frequency with which the User has visited the Website, the pages visited, the length of the visit and how he or she interacted with the Website. The information generated by the cookies may be sent to and stored by Google on its overseas servers, in accordance with the legal requirements of the country where they are used.
If the browser settings are changed, SATT Ouest Valorisation informs the User that his or her browsing and experience on the Website may be limited.
The Website is not intended for minors. However, if minors do use the Website, data should be collected with the express consent of the holder of parental responsibility for the minor, who must be over 15 years of age, to be sent by email to email@example.com.
9. Personal Data storage period
Unless the User requests the erasure of his or her Personal Data pursuant to Article 12, SATT Ouest Valorisation shall store the Personal Data for the length of time necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned in article 4, plus a maximum of sixty (60) months, unless it is legally obliged to store them for longer.
10. Recipients and transfer of Personal Data
Access to the Personal Data is restricted to the employees and subcontractors of Ouest Valorisation who need them for processing as referred to in Article 4 and who have been trained to comply with the rules governing the confidentiality and security of Personal Data.
The Personal Data collected and processed by SATT Ouest Valorisation via the Website are not assigned or rented out, with or without charge, to third parties or transferred outside of the European Union. If Ouest Valorisation is required to transfer Personal Data outside of the European Union, it will inform the User in advance and will in any case ensure that they are transferred to a country subject to an adequacy decision of the European Commission or, failing this, that the legal tools to secure the transfer of Personal Data are applied in accordance with the applicable regulations.
The Personal Data of SATT Ouest Valorisation employees made accessible on the Website may not be collected or processed without the prior written consent of the person concerned.
Furthermore, all Users shall refrain from collecting and using, whether manually or automatically, such Personal Data to send advertisements or messages of any other nature that have no relation to the activities of SATT Ouest Valorisation and its employees.
11. Security of Personal Data
SATT Ouest Valorisation has put in place protective measures to ensure the confidentiality, security and integrity of Users’ Personal Data. In particular, SATT Ouest Valorisation ensures that (i) the User’s Personal Data are not distorted and/or damaged, and (ii) that unauthorised third parties do not have access to them.
However, if an incident affecting the integrity and/or confidentiality of the User’s Personal Data is brought to the attention of SATT Ouest Valorisation and it poses a high risk to the User’s rights and freedoms, SATT Ouest Valorisation will inform the User as soon as possible and notify him or her of the corrective measures taken or proposed to remedy the Personal Data breach.
12. User’s rights
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 (as amended) and the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on personal data protection, the subjects of the Personal Data collected have a number of rights regarding the management of their data:
- Right of access: the User may request confirmation as to whether or not his or her Personal Data is being processed by our services. Where that is the case, the User may request a copy of such data, free of charge, provided that such requests are not manifestly unreasonable, in particular because of their repetitive or systematic character.
- Right to rectification: the User may request that inaccurate information concerning him or her be altered or updated.
- Right to be forgotten: the User may request the erasure of information concerning him or her held in our databases insofar as the information is no longer relevant to any of the purposes outlined above and provided that SATT Ouest Valorisation has no legitimate interest or legal obligation to keep it.
- Right to object and to withdraw consent: the User may request at any time to no longer appear in a file in our databases, unless SATT Ouest Valorisation demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the User.
- Right to request restriction of Processing: the User may request the suspension of Processing concerning him or her in the cases provided for by law, namely when:
- the User contests the accuracy of the personal data for a period enabling SATT Ouest Valorisation to verify the accuracy of the Data;
- there is a legal obstacle to the Processing and the User opposes the erasure of his or her personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- SATT Ouest Valorisation no longer needs the Data for the purposes of the Processing, but they are required by the User for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- the User has objected to Processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the Controller override those of the User.
- Right to data portability: the User may ask for his or her personal data to be transmitted in a structured format to SATT Ouest Valorisation or another controller where (i) this is technically feasible and (ii) the processing of Personal Data is based on the User’s consent.
- The right to issue general and/or specific instructions on what is to be done with Personal Data and how the User wishes his or her rights to be exercised after his or her death. In the event of his or her death, of which SATT Ouest Valorisation is to be notified, the Personal Data will be erased unless there is a need to retain them for a set period for reasons relating to legal and regulatory obligations and/or to statutory limitation periods applicable to SATT Ouest Valorisation after they are disclosed to a third party designated by the User, if any.
The User is informed that he or she may lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) in the event of a dispute.
Users may exercise the rights set out above by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or the following address: SATT Ouest Valorisation – Protection des données DPO, 14 C rue du Pâtis Tatelin 35 700 Rennes.
In order to ensure the confidentiality and protection of the Personal Data, SATT Ouest Valorisation must verify the person’s identity before responding to any such requests. The User must therefore provide a copy of his or her identification (ID card or passport).