Autofluor is a fully automated and secured lab device dedicated to the chemical treatment of solids, under gaseous fluorinating agents.
Fluorine is now an essential element in many application fields:
- Energy (materials for Li-ion batteries, …)
- Polymers (Teflon®, ...)
- Healthcare (markers for medical imaging, …)
Although the remarkable properties of fluorinated materials are no longer to be demonstrated, obtaining fluorinated products from gaseous fluorinating agents raises important safety issues due fluorinating agents’ hazard.
Autofluor enables high safety fluorination reactions:
- that could be controlled by a remote computer, keeping the operator far from the potential danger.
- on which many parameters could be configured: cycle times, temperatures, reactive flow stream…
- with an automatic safety shutdown procedure in the event of an anomaly (abnormal rise in temperature, overpressure, hood shutdown, electrical cut-off, gas leak…).
- easily reproducible thanks to a high process precision.
UMR 6283 - IMMM
THEMATIQUE MATERIAUX INORGANIQUES
FR : FR2005868 - filed on the 06-04-2020